Friday, May 30, 2014

Barcelona, Day 3: Gothic Quarter and Tapas

As JJ and I were both feeling the effect of jet lag, we decided to just take it easy this afternoon. Our hotel was walking distance from Gothic Quarter, so we took a nice stroll in the area.


We walked to Barcelona Cathedral. There was a memorial service going on and it was televised. Several news trucks from TV stations parked right in front. There were big screen TVs outside to let the crowd gathered in the square see the service inside the cathedral. Friends and family, FCB players, and the audience bid farewell to the former footballer and coach, Tito Vilanova. Some audience members were crying. It's a very touching and sad evening.


Gothic Quarter is like a maze. We were pretty much lost and then stumbled on Plaça del Rei, a 14th century medieval public square. Barcelona City HIstory Museum, which holds the remains of the ancient Roman city, is located on this square.


Later, we walked back to Plaça de Catalunya and had a photo op. I get the feeling they really like fountains here. Fountains are everywhere in Barcelona, big or small, most of them are lit at night.


We had tapas before we headed back to the hotel. I love food in Barcelona. It's like seafood galore, everything is so fresh. However, I rarely take pictures of food because I always devour when it comes to the table. Especially during my traveling, when I finally get to sit down and eat, I just can't wait for getting food pictures taken.

Barcelona Cathedral General Info (visiting hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment