Friday, October 17, 2014

Paris, Day 4: Louvre


Everything about Louvre is impressive, the collections and the architecture of the museum itself. 


I was surprised it wasn't agonizing to get in. You just have to be there early, like 9am. The collections are very extensive, it's impossible to see everything in one day. That's when you wish you lived in Paris, so you could come back to see everything.

Louvre houses so many significant paintings you see in the art history book. When you see them up close, no words. It's like life comes full circle. I felt blessed I had a chance to see them.


The most photographed painting in Louvre is probably Mona Lisa. She is behind glared glass and the rope. You can barely see her clearly. Why is she so high-profile and important? Beats me. Venus de Milo, I get it. It's just beautiful, no explanation needed. My favorite is Winged Victory of Samothrace, it's majestic. 


The tourist mobs amused me. Everyone of them was committed to get a good shot. Overall, the vibe was great. I guess we were all happy to be in Paris and see these amazing art treasures.

JJ's Paris Guide
Getting Around in Paris
Museums in Paris
Places of Interest in Each Arrondissement

No comments:

Post a Comment