Monday, October 12, 2015

Trip to Italy: Transferring from Chicago O'Hare airport to Rome Fiumicino airport

Photo: Courtesy of Jay Hou
We had to transfer from Chicago O'Hare airport to Rome Fiumicino airport. O'Hare airport is not a bad place to transfer between flights. The airport may show some wear and tear because it's extremely high traffic. However, you can at least have a seat to sit down unlike certain European airports where having a seat near the gate while you are waiting is almost impossible. That really puts stress on tired travelers. One of the examples would be London Heathrow airport, it is crowded and cramped without seats. Milan Malpensa airport is big enough but with only a few reclining chairs installed. Frankfurt airport is also overcrowded and provides no sufficient seats. Is it just me or most Europeans don't believe in sitting down? My favorite airport so far is still Zurich airport. It is spacious and spotless with plenty of seats. If I can have it my way, I prefer to transfer at Zurich airport every single time.
At Chicago O'Hare international airport, there is free wifi and you don't have to line up for the restroom for too long. Overall, it's a very functional airport. The underground walkway is illuminated with neon lights. While I was passing by O'Hare airport, I was under the impression that everyone here seemed to be in a hurry. Every time I stopped walking to look at something or look for signs, people behind me formed 2 streams to overtake me standing in the middle just like Matrix. I unintentionally became an unpopular roadblock.

No comments:

Post a Comment