Friday, October 23, 2015

Rome, Day 1: Via Margutta


From Piazza del Popolo, we walked to Via Margutta. You may have seen Via Margutta in movies. Does the ivy look familiar to you? Today, you find a few restaurants and galleries on Via Margutta. The street is very quaint. I absolutely enjoyed my visit and photographing Via Margutta. It was a peaceful moment I treasured, I got to escape from the tourist crowd and come here to take a photography stroll on this charming street.


Federico Fellini used to live on Via Margutta. I am a big fan of Fellini. My impression of Italy is mainly from 50's and 60's Italian Cinema such as Fellini's 8 1/2 and La Dolce Vita. The images of well dressed Marcello with beauty ladies hanging out in Roma and nuns and priests popping up in gardens and ruins are deeply ingrained in my head.


The fountain here has two faces, a happy face and sad face, symbolizing artists' ever-changing mood. Isn't that rad? JJ saw some kids drinking from the fountain, and then he proceeded to refill his water bottle and drank it. I often wonder where the fountain water goes. Does it recycle back to flow down from the spout again or it goes down the drain? Anyway, JJ never got diarrhea from drinking fountain water in Rome. It is really safe to drink as Rick Steves says. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment